Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cookie Mining

After doing the cookie mining activity, I learned that drilling a hole into a M&M cookie to find the hidden M&M was rather difficult for cookies that had the M&M hidden deep inside the cookie. Furthermore, taking out the M&M was rather easy for cookies that had the M&M on the top of the cookie and was clearly visible. Moreover, when I was doing this activity, I had to take out as many M&Ms as I could in a short amount of time. I learned that taking out the M&M neatly with the toothpick was a waste of time and to take out the M&M as quickly as possible, you would need to take out the M&M in a messy way to save time. This activity helped me learn how difficult a miner's job was to drill holes into the earth to dig for ores in the real world. I also learned that shaft mining often destroys the land and if you do it with speed, it destroys the land even more. Surface mining does not destroy the land as much as shaft mining.
























This cookie did not leave a big mess after using toothpicks to dig for the M&Ms because the cookies were not hidden inside the cookie but rather on top of the cookie.






These cookies left a real big mess after using toothpicks to dig for the M&Ms because the cookies were indeed hidden deep inside the cookie and I had to drill deep inside the cookie with my toothpick to look for each M&M.







No comments:

Post a Comment